We are happy to announce that, in 2016, the Janmotsav celebrations in the honour of our blessed Gurudeva Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda, will be held simultaneously at Chandigarh and Trivandrum during January 2 – 5. We convey our sincere gratitude to the devotees of these two Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendras who have expressed their eagerness to host the event.
Information about the programmes and registration guidelines are given below. For further information please contact the respective Kendra at the address given below:
CHANDIGARH, January 2 – 5, 2016
Sector: 28-D, Near Gujjar Bhavan
CHANDIGARH – 160002
Phone: (0172) 2653692
TRIVANDRUM, Kerala, January 2 – 5, 2016
Post Box No. 6818
Varambasseri Devi Tower, Aikya Nagar, Vanchiyoor P.O. Near Palayam
TRIVANDRUM – 695035, Kerala
Email Id: [email protected]
General Information and Registration Guidelines for Janmotsav at Chandigarh and Trivandrum
- The schedule for the Janmotsav will include twice-daily group meditations, spiritual discourses, satsangas, explanation of meditation techniques, personal guidance by YSS sannyasis, and a video show on Gurudeva. Kriya Yoga diksha for eligible devotees will be conducted on January 5, 2016. Devotees will receive details of the programme upon their arrival at the venue.
- Review of meditation techniques is for YSS Lessons students only. Kriya Yoga diksha is for eligible YSS Lessons students only and Kriya Yoga review is for YSS Kriyabans only. However, all interested family members and friends are welcome to attend the spiritual discourses and video show programmes.
- Limited dormitory-style accommodation will be arranged for ladies and gents separately at both the venues. Family members may please plan and pack accordingly. The charge for meals will be Rs. 180 per day per person. There will also be a Registration fee of Rs. 600 per person for the entire Janmotsav.
- If you wish to participate in the Janmotsav, please contact Chandigarh/ Trivandrum Dhyana Kendra at the address given above for registration and further guidance. The enclosed Registration Form, duly filled in with your email id, should be sent to the mailing address of the concerned Kendra latest by November 25, 2015.
- After receiving your Registration Form, a confirmation will be sent to you. Further information about the Janmotsav and directions to reach the venue will be given in the confirmation letter.
- Volunteers: To organize these functions, many devotee-volunteers will be required. Please mention if you are in a position to volunteer your services during the function. The number of days you could spend, and previous experience, if any, may also be indicated on the Registration Form. After receiving this information, the Kendra will select volunteers for various areas of work and give further instructions